Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Whoooaaa.....

I went to Lafayette last night to say hi to my grandma who just flew in from Korea. Waiting for me (other than an amazing dinner, of course) was my new baby - the Bouchon cookbook! I spent a good hour oohing and aahing over the yummy-sounding recipes and pretty pictures. Unfortunately it was too big for me to lug around in my backpack as I BART and bike all over the bay area, so I have to wait until Friday to install it permanently under my pillow and have dreams filled with macarons and onion soup and salmon rillettes. In the meantime, I have just ordered an ice cream maker off of amazon (one day sale made it 9.99 which is 83% off!) and am anxiously awaiting the first time I make ice cream. The Bouchon book has an apple and calvados recipe based on creme fraiche. I can barely contain myself...

No comments: