Monday, March 19, 2007

I made my own sushi...



Originally uploaded by starchmouse.
...and I'm still alive! Last Friday I had a big sushi craving but instead of going out Kevin and I decided to make our own. By the time we got to Yum Yum Fish all that was left was some salmon and tuna. We made spicy tuna rolls (using just chili sesame oil and sriracha, much better than the mayonnaisey kind), salmon skin rolls and salmon nigiri.

I attribute my sushi-making skills to Liv and Madora, who for my birthday bought me a sushi-making class at Ramekins. It was a really great class and I recommend it to anyone who would like to take a fun four-hour class that is hands-on and you actually learn a lot.

2 comments:

Roger said...

Wow, I'm really impressed you managed to make the "rice on the outside" sushi rolls. I've never been able to get those right.

anne said...

Yeah, I just didn't show the picture of our first, um, "practice" roll. :)