Thursday, March 27, 2008

yee-haw!



Originally uploaded by starchmouse.
This was my lunch last Friday - mmmmm. It doesn't even show the delicious basket of hush puppies, which had to come on the side because it didn't fit on the plate. It is amazing I didn't come back 10 pounds heavier, what with all the eating (barbeque, fried okra, chili frito pie, quesadillas at 3am) and lack of physical exertion ("toobing" down the river was probably the most exercise I got in the last few weeks) but I can't wait to have an excuse to go back to Texas.

The reason I was in Texas is because a very dear college roommate of mine has decided to up and get married. Married! So we subjected her to all manner of embarrasing tasks and the fine folks of San Marcos were so obliging. It is crazy to think of my friends growing up and getting married, but I should remind myself it has been many years since we have graduated, and even though I am in the exact same place I have been in since we all first left, my friends have all gotten themselves jobs and bought houses and whatnot. But the exciting news is that I just talked to my boss and he gave me the thesis green light - I'm done experimenting and now I can write. This freaks me out, but I just have to remember that the sooner I hunker down, the sooner I can start life in the real world - yay job! Yay living by myself because I can afford to!

Or maybe I'll just put my laptop away and hide somewhere.

No comments: